Tuesday 16 December 2014

December 16, 2014 -- Well, that was weird!

[WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FAMILY/FRIENDS FAST FOR DERIK THIS SUNDAY, DECEMBER 21st. If you'd like to participate, we would love it! You'll see why below.]

I was answering all of the emails I had, and all of a sudden a bunch of police came in and searched the ciber. Really strange. They didn’t bother the people at the computers. They just came in, searched, and left. Didn’t say anything either. Mexico.

But, I have difficulties. I have a toenail growing out of the side of my big toe, vertically. Talk about strange. My heel is black from the infection that won't go away. There is something weird going on with my lungs that the doctors are trying to figure out, and I have salmonella. My work suffered a little this week due to the necessity of going to various hospitals and doctors. Apparently I will be fine though. In other words, life is really hard right now.

In addition, all of the people that I was teaching fell through. I had to find some new ones to teach, but that wasn’t a problem. Done. I spent the week in exchanges with another greenie, Elder C. He is from Venezuela. I got to do his first week of training. Elder M is from Chihuahua. Really the two guys are great.

I get to go to a missionary party Wednesday, and Thursday I go to the ward Christmas party. I am not sure when we will have time to do all of the other things we need to do. Christmas is busy for missionaries.

I talked to Luz and Lisbeth, (2 newbies for this week) They want to get baptized, and I just need to get their father's permission. The mom already said yes.

Thelma and her spouse are not actually married, she is married to someone else and living with this man. We are working on getting her divorced and them married so they can be baptized.

I am feeling lots of pressure right now. Everything is difficult. My body is freaking out on me, the goal the zone leaders set is 15 lessons with a member present this week, and that would be difficult without my other problems. I do not currently feel like I am making any kind of headway or difference. It is difficult. But I have my faith you know? I talked to a nondenom testigo who lied to me and contradicted what he was saying. He talked about rebuking demons and how he did it. The spirit his words brought was one of contention. I ended up just walking away. I do not like that feeling.

I do not feel like I am doing all that I need and can do, so I will be praying more, doing what I know to be right, and trying my hardest. So from one with a difficult life in the moment, I bid you adieu.

Saludos, Amor, y Todo que puedo ofrecer a tí,
Salutations, Love, and All that I have to offer you,

Elder Scott

























So, while Derik was online posting these pictures, I had my phone with me and emailed him to try to figure out what a couple of them were. Here is the email thread:

Me: What are the pictures of the ring and the picture of the leaves? :)

Derik: The ring is a mason ring that a member found and let me to try on. The leaves are a dead cat I found while cleaning up the yard of the house I am currently living in. Other questions? (Love you!)

Me: Ring, cool--dead cat, gross!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Derik: :| You do not like my dead cat? That is all right. I have pictures of other dead animals that might please you. I will be sure to take more pictures of them until you like them. Do not worry. The change will be slow and painful. You will come to adore them. Yesss My precious. You will come to adore themss preciouss gatos muertos [dead cats]. Do not worry precciouss....

Haha, Love ya.

Me: I am laughing SO HARD!

Derik: Good. I like being able to make people laugh.

I love my boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment