Tuesday 23 December 2014

December 23, 2014 -- Restless

So, I am going to start with my medical issues. The lung thing, whatever it was, went away like it never existed. Woohoo! Go fasting!!! My heel thing is apparently because I wear hard sole shoes all the time. I might get to work in sneakers--do not know whether to be happy about that or sad. I think the salmonella went away, but I do not know. I was taking pills for it, and I finished them. So really I do not know. The toe thing, oh that one is the fun one. So, apparently one of the operations I had in the U.S. was done badly, and a bit of toenail was left in the side of the toe. This bit of toenail proceeded to grow of its own accord. I do believe I have super regenerative ability, just not as drastic as Wolverine. Anyway, this small bit of toenail proceeded to grow vertically out of the side of my foot so that I had two toenails. Because of the way it was growing, it opened a wound that got infected. I had an operation on said toe. It hurt much less than those I had in the States. I recommend Mexican doctors. They know what they are doing. :) I couldn´t work but two days of this week because I could not walk well. My toe bleeds, and it is healing pretty quickly. On the two days I could work, however, my comp and I managed to have more lessons, get more people to commit to a baptismal date, and have lessons with members than the rest of the people in our district. Muahaha!

We had the Christmas activity for the ward, which was fun to watch. Dancing, a game of stomping on balloons tied to other people´s ankles, jokes, talks--the works. Great stuff. I also went to the missionary Christmas activity, which was also really fun to watch. We had piñatas, gingerbread houses, and games I could not participate in. But that is all right, because when everyone was doing their activities, I got to sit down and eat their houses with a couple of other elders. And Pres. Muahaha. The mission president's wife also hit the hand of one of my friends when he rushed the candy after she broke the pinata. I found that absolutely hilarious. He lost all the candy he had collected. Other muahaha.

In other news, due to how much the leaders (missionaries who are zone leaders or district leaders) stress numbers, my trainee is thinking about going home. He says it isn't right that they are focusing on the numbers. I agree with him. I have learned to grin and bear things in my life, though, so I am not thinking about leaving. It is very difficult, though.

I'm very excited about talking with the family! That will be great. Also, I had to withdraw money. I used 5000 pesos this month buying medications and doing other random things that were definitely unplanned. 'fraid I had no other choice. At some point during the coming year, I will receive a portion of what I paid back, which will be nice. I just don't know when or how much. It is alright, though.

I received my packages. And a box of rootbeer? That is awesome! I cannot think of anything better right now. The jokes were really bad, and the letters were nice.

I hope everyone has a great week. Happy Christmas everybody!

Saludos, Amor, y Todo que puedo ofrecer a tí,
Salutations,
Love, and All that I have to offer you,
Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment