Monday 1 June 2015

May 25, 2015 -- One Day More

It continues to amaze me how ignorant people can be of their own `beliefs`. Emmanuel, an investigator with a lot of questions, explained this to us. Lots of missionaries have tried to preach to him. We have been the only ones he has not sucked dry of information in 1 hour, basically because the gospel has substance and all the answers are there. He explained to us that he has managed to turn people away from their church by showing them evidence of what exactly their leaders are doing wrong, based in the bible and teachings of their church. He tried the masons thing with us, so we went to Matthew 22:11-14 and he didn't ask any more questions.

Also I had exchanges with Elder Uribe. We talked with a man named Mario who asked us many questions that we answered very easily. The spirit was very powerful. He wanted to cry but did not understand why. I get frustrated a lot that people teach apostasy about how the spirit feels and for this people do not understand it when it testifie. He asked us specifically not to tell him to pray but to give him concrete answers. So we did. But in the end, it comes down to prayer. We started with "How can I arrive at a knowledge of whether or not god exists" and ended with dinosaurs. It was really, really awesome. Afterward we were drained.

My companion, Elder Palma, received his Patriarchal Blessing, which was really cool. I got to sit in on it because I am the closest thing he has to family right now. :)


The Medina family invited us to a party. One of the little girls had a birthday. It was incredibly uncomfortable, but I did an awesome Elsa balloon.

It rained (a lot) and flooded for the first time I know of here. We had to climb gates and fences to get out of the street we live in. It was very comical in our suits. We ended up getting wet anyway.

I am going to Rió Bravo tomorrow. That means I do not get to know what happens with the people we are teaching right now. But it is all right.

Until next week and I have things to say,

Saludos, Amor, y Todo que puedo ofrecer a tí,
Salutations, Love, and All that I have to offer you,
Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment