Monday 27 April 2015

April 27, 2015 -- Take A Look At Me Now

I heard that song this week, the one by Phil Collins. I had no idea I missed music so much! Also the mission released a video that all the missionaries had to watch that had an acoustic version of Sail in it, which means I could not concentrate because I was dying of music deprivation of that kind. Part of the problem is that my usb got a virus when I shared a song with one of my friends here, so I lost half of my music. BUT, I still have Josh,  Andrea, and Inside Out, as well as some piano, so I will probably survive.

Sarahi (that is how you spell it apparently) did get baptized, but José didn't because he is going to be baptized on his wife´s birthday (the 6th of May). And Rosalio, the other man who we were going to baptize, told us he had gone suicidal, and then he dropped off the face of the earth. We do not know where he went and neither do any of his friends and acquaintances.

In other, more sunny, news, this week contains día del niño, which is children´s day, which means the members booked me for the week to do balloon animals for them. I have to figure out how to do minions--all I remember is that they are squat fat yellow things with goggles in coveralls. That shouldn't be too hard to figure out, right? The ward also did an orchestra, which was really really neat, although practically all of the nonmembers who went didn't want to fill out the reference cards we handed out. But, people started talking to us when we were just standing in the road and have continued inviting us to their houses. Less actives in a subdivision that I have never before seen gave us more cake and also fed us the day after when the members fell through on us. So, we're altogether cool. They also are tracking down the aunts of my companion who live here but we have been unable to contact. The family of thirty surprised us and made us dinner two times this week. People give us fruits when they see us.

I received an innocent looking cake from other missionaries that ended up being 3 weeks old. Given that Mexicans use a lot of milk in their cakes, this means it was rancid. I ate it and suffered for two days. But I am in the clear once again.

A little kid whistled to us, so we went to his house. There we were confronted by his father who had a lot of questions. He has studied a lot and has a lot of Bible knowledge. But given controversial topics, he asked pointed questions that are impossible for people to answer using only the Bible. When we answered them and bore testimony, he asked us to baptize him right away in a large container of water he had ready for this purpose behind his house. We told him we could not do so if he was not willing to do a couple of things: first, take the lessons because he had a lot more questions we did not have time sufficient to answer, second, go to church to know if its real, and, third, decide for himself by reading the Book of Mormon. We want him to get baptized for himself, not just because I could explain profound doctrine to him. We'll see what happens this week.

I had a night of pure insomnia this week when I ate the cake. That also happened to be a day of exchanges, where we swap companions for one day. So I spent the night reading and worked two days straight. I still do not feel tired, but I can sleep now, so that is much better.

That's all I have to report this week.
Love ya.

Saludos, Amor, y Todo que puedo ofrecer a tí,
Salutations, Love, and All that I have to offer you,
Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment