Monday 17 November 2014

September 15, 2014

P-day is now Monday! Of course, today is Tuesday, but that is not important.

So I understand almost everything people say to me except when they say it really quietly. I have to intently listen to one person if I want to understand anything.

My first companion, Elder H., is from Mexico and doesn't speak a word of English.

I got to speak on Sunday, which was fun. I missed Elder Cristiansen, though; he is a member of the first 70.

 Talked to mom. That was nice. I can't talk to people in English. I forget the words to use.

My companion and I have a little house because we are out close to the middle of nowhere. I saw a donkey cart today. Also there are dogs everywhere.

I absolutely love everything I have eaten in this country so far.

Also, a couple of Mexicanos and Peruvians have complimented me on my accent. Hah! Dad, this is the reason I pronounced words wrong, because I was speaking the wrong language!

This keyboard is really hard to use.

The heat here really isn't that bad actually. The precipitation in the air is hard, but the heat isn't bad. Apparently there are 40 days during the summer where it is always over 110 fahrenheit. That sounds fun.

Um, absolutely everything here is off brand. The yoghurt is amazing.

So, I have nothing really to write about yet. I will next week, but basically all I've done so far is sit and wait to be told what to do next. Pretty excited though.

Well, love you all.
-Elder Scott





No comments:

Post a Comment